I am delighted to write this testimonial in relation to my build with Ronnie Hanckel, Smith & Sons Renovations & Extensions Dural. To start off with friends warned me about building a property [for the first time], as a single female and in her fifties! I was cautioned the process could be stressful, would most likely cost far more than estimated and be completed well beyond estimated date. Well how wrong this advice turned out to! I commenced my project by researching builders of reputation, style and finished product who could deliver something unique and who could impart their knowledge and share ideas. My brief was to build a characterful, tasteful cottage with a French feel. I also spoke with the former clients of my top five builders to see how they rated their own individual building experiences. The result was that Ronnie of Smith & Sons, Dural came out on top and from the first time I met him I felt I was in competent, capable hands and with someone who listened and shared my vision for the property I wanted to eventually live in. The really positive points working with Ronnie were:
- Reliable – when Ronnie said he was going to call or email - he did
- Time management – the entire project ran to time. The only delay was caused by council near the end of completion
- Ideas and knowledge - he discussed with me and made improvements/changes along the build journey which significantly improved the total construction
- Flexibility – yes I did change my mind on a few occasions!
- Selection of samples – there were many….
- Carpenters, painters, plumbers, electricians, fitters + joiners and finishers etc – ALL polite, reliable, tidy and great at their jobs
- Budget – project came in exactly on budget
- Listener - when I was unsure about something Ronnie explained things really well and was always on hand to answer my questions
I really enjoyed my project and the entire design/build process. I am now living in my ‘dream cottage’ and 100% happy with the finished result. Thank you Ronnie and Lisa, I have no problem in recommending you to any prospective client.